The importance and complexity of corporate actions are often underestimated. When corporate actions are not performed correctly, they can result in significant losses. This course examines various aspects of corporate actions with the objective of providing participants with a good understanding of corporate actions and how they are processed.
- What are corporate actions?
- Types of corporate actions
- Different players involved in processing corporate actions
- Standards for corporate actions
- Corporate actions for equities (among others):
Annual and extraordinary general meetings of shareholders (AGM & EGM)
Splits and reverse splits
Mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs
- "Corporate actions" for debt instruments:
- Taxation of corporate actions
- Risks associated with corporate actions
Financial service professionals who want to understand corporate actions.