Securities financing has become an integral part of securities markets. Without it, market liquidity and settlement efficiency would be greatly reduced. This course provides participants with a good understanding of securities financing, its characteristics and procedures.
- Market for securities financing
- Players in securities lending and their roles
- Uses of securities borrowing in short sales, covering settlement failures and speculation
- Market procedures for lending and borrowing securities
- Collateral for securities lending and borrowing
- Variations on securities lending and borrowing
- Repurchase agreements ("repos")
- Variations on repos
- Sell/buy-back agreements
- Securities lending and repos in central securities depositories
- Legal documentation for securities financing
Financial service professionals with more than 2 years experience who want to understand securities financing.