In this privacy statement, we explain which personal data of yours we process, on what basis we process them and why we process them. Furthermore, we explain which rights you have with regard to your personal data and inform you about the security measures we take to protect your personal data.
Who are we and who do we contact in case of questions?
Your data are processed by Axis Group, which includes the following companies:
- Axis NV with registered office at Bourlastraat 3, 2000 Antwerp, registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0458 028 951.
- Axis Project Management NV with registered office at Bourlastraat 3, 2000 Antwerp, registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0886 871 790.
- Axis Group NV, having its registered office at Bourlastraat 3, 2000 Antwerp, registered in the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0878 353 410.
- Axis (Luxembourg) SARL with registered office at 49, Boulevard Prince Henri, L-1724 Luxembourg, registered in the RCS under number ONN 2006 2422 581
- Axis Projects SARL with registered office at 49, Boulevard Prince Henri, L-1724 Luxembourg, registered in the RCS under number ONN 2001 2402 628.
These companies are responsible for the processing of your personal data and declare that, as the Data Controller, they comply with the national privacy legislation and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation as of its entry into force.
If you have any further questions and/or require further information, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is personal data?
The General Data Protection Regulation defines personal data as follows:
"Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person."
Sometimes special categories of personal data are also processed. Processing of special categories of personal data means:
"Processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a person, or data concerning health, or data relating to a person's sexual behaviour or orientation."
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and process various personal data from candidates and temporary employees/external consultants. It concerns the following personal data:
Your application file (candidates) :
Name, first name, sex, language of communication, address, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number, skype address and public data such as Linkedin address, information regarding your degree, education and work experience, as well as your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letters, photo, video, test results, language skills, notes and evaluations made during the job interview and information after the reference check or which you provide us with during a job application process.
Payroll information (temporary workers and external consultants) :
ID documents, national registry number, seniority, marital status, date and place of birth, family composition, number of children, salary, bank account number.
Employment file (temporary workers and external consultants) :
salary and wage slips, social documents, evaluations and other legal data.
Why do we collect your personal data and on what legal basis do we process them?
Your personal data is always collected and processed in the context of:
- Your employment as a temporary employee or external consultant with a view to our payroll administration and with the legal basis of the performance of a contract, as well as for tax and social purposes.
- A job application process with a view to exchanging your details with potentially interested employers and with our legitimate interest and/or your explicit consent as the legal basis.
- Offering you suitable jobs or opportunities, as well as other relevant information about our new products and services, such as job events or newsletters. This information can be sent to you through various communication channels with the legal basis of your explicit consent.
- Offering education and training through various communication channels with your explicit consent as a legal basis.
Photos and videos may be collected and processed in order to use them for internal communication and training, as well as for publication on Axis Group pages on social media, with your explicit consent as a legal basis.
A criminal record extract may also be requested if the position for which you are applying is included in the list for which this is required by law. For this, we rely on a legal basis.
Via the Privacy Statement, which you received and signed during your online registration or during the job interview, you have given your express consent to the processing of the personal data under point 3A for the purpose of going through the application process and finding a suitable job. We understand this to mean:
- Informing you or sending you via various communication channels of vacancies that match your profile and interests.
- Sending you, via various communication channels, other relevant information that might interest you, such as job and other events or newsletters.
- Forwarding your CV, evaluations and test results to one or more potentially interested employers.
- Carrying out reference checks on previous employers
Using photos and video for internal communication and training purposes, as well as for publication on Axis Group pages on social media.
Using the national register number to consult the available quota "student@work" in case of a concrete vacancy.
Your Employment Contract and Employment
For the preparation and execution of your employment agreement with Axis Group as temporary employee or external consultant, Axis Group will process the data mentioned under 3B and possibly pass them on to its social secretariat.
The data in the employment dossier mentioned under 3C will be processed because of legal obligations.
These data may be passed on to official national government bodies in order to comply with legal obligations, for audit reasons or for checks by inspection services.
How long will my personal data be processed?
As a Trusted HR advisor, Axis Group accompanies you throughout your career. As part of this, we will keep the personal data of candidates, temporary employees and external consultants for a minimum of 10 years after the last contact or your given consent, or in this case 10 years after the termination of the last contract. At the end of this period, you will be contacted again to ask whether you wish to be kept in the database for a longer period in order to be contacted about available positions.
In any case, your personal data will be kept in accordance with the specific national legislation, as well as limitation periods which oblige us to keep your personal data for a longer period, e.g. in order to defend ourselves against a claim in court.
What rights can I exercise to ensure the protection of my personal data?
Right to access and inspection
You have the right to access your personal data at any time, free of charge, as well as the use we make of your personal data in accordance with the provisions applicable in the sector.
Right to rectification, deletion and restriction
You are free to communicate your personal data to us or not. In addition, you always have the right to request us to improve, complete or delete your personal data. You cannot oppose the processing of personal data necessary for our payroll administration and the data we are required to keep and process by law. You may also ask to limit the processing of your personal data.
Right of objection
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
Right of data transfer
You have the right to obtain and/or transfer your personal data processed by us in a structured, common and machine-readable form, in accordance with the provisions applicable in the sector.
Right of withdrawal of consent
Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent.
Automatic decisions and profiling
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling and you will not be subject to automated decisions by us either.
Exercise of your rights
You can exercise your rights by contacting our personnel administration at the email address email@example.com.
Complaints You have the right to submit a complaint to:
- The Belgian Privacy Commission: Commission for the Protection of Privacy, rue de la Passe de la Vie Privée 35, 1000 Brussels, tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- L'autorité luxembourgeoise de contrôle: Commission nationale pour la protection des données, Service des plaintes, 1, avenue du Rock'n'Roll, L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette, Tél. (+352) 26 10 60 -1, Fax (+352) 26 10 60 - 29, https://cnpd.public.lu.
This is without prejudice to a remedy before a civil court.
If you should suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can make a claim for compensation.
Who receives my personal data (transmission to third parties) ?
Some of the personal data that we process from you may be transmitted to third parties. It concerns the following data:
- Payroll information is passed on to the Axis Group social secretariat on the one hand for the purpose of carrying out our payroll administration and on the other hand to the competent government authorities within the framework of our legal obligations
- Passing on to Axis Group providers for the granting of meal vouchers and/or eco vouchers.
- Passing on to Axis Group cloud providers for performance registration and management of your holiday requests and absences as a temporary or seconded employee.
- Passing on to Axis Group's work accident insurer.
- Passing on to the external services for prevention and protection (Belgium) if you work as a temporary worker and medical examination is required.
- Passing on data to your health insurance fund so that your medical file is in order.
- Passing on to the child benefit fund of Axis Group
- Onward transmission to Unified Post (Belgium) for the electronic signing of employment contracts of Axis Group.
- Passing on to bailiffs, credit or banking institutions, debt mediators, etc. in case of salary transfer, wage attachment, wage remittance, maintenance money.
- Counselors if you are involved in legal proceedings.
Some third parties process personal data on behalf of our organisation in order to perform a certain task. We conclude processing agreements with all these organisations, which act as processors, and make every effort to ensure that they adequately protect your personal data.
Your personal data will not be sold, rented, distributed or otherwise made commercially available to third parties, except as described above or with your prior consent.
Your name, first name, gender and language of communication will also be passed on to our clients in the event that you commence your work there.
When organizing events, we may pass on your personal data (such as surname and first name) to external parties who organise the events, purely for organisational reasons and also in the context of safety.
Your personnel file may also be passed on to the audit office for the purpose of carrying out an audit in the context of obtaining/maintaining the quality label of the professional federation.
In rare cases, we may have to disclose your personal data in response to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations.
Security and confidentiality
We have developed security measures that are technically and organizationally adapted to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, access by unauthorized persons or accidental notification to third parties of collected personal data as well as any other unauthorized processing of these data. These measures include:
- Personal data on up-to-date servers in a secure data center
- Daily secure backups
- Use of firewalls and VPNs
- Use of antispam filters and up-to-date anti-virus software
- Use of access codes, usernames and passwords
- Regularly changing these codes and passwords
- Specific persons have access
- Incident management procedure
- Policy towards employees & collaborators
- Training for employees & collaborators
- Confidentiality clauses
In the event that, under Axis Group's control, your personal data is nevertheless compromised by a breach of information security, Axis Group will take immediate action to identify the cause of such breach and take action through appropriate remedial measures. If necessary, Axis Group will also notify the Data Protection Authority of this incident in accordance with the applicable legislation.