Debt Instruments (Bonds)
The value of the outstanding debt instruments in the world is approximately 120 trillion USD. Both the primary and secondary markets for debt instruments are extremely important components of financial markets. This course is designed to give participants a good understanding of debt instruments, their characteristics and the markets in which they are issued, traded and settled.
- Characteristics of debt instruments
- Types of debt instruments
- Markets for debt instruments: primary vs. secondary; international vs. domestic
- Issuing debt instruments and primary market operations
- Pricing debt instruments
- Trading and settling debt instruments
- Approaches to interest payments
- Yield curves
- Secondary market practice
- New types of debt instruments
- Risks associated with debt instruments
Financial service professionals who want to have a good understanding of debt instruments and the markets in which they are traded.