Managing Credit Risk
Credit risk is the oldest form of financial risk. Although credit risk has existed since antiquity, we still have not perfected the way in which we manage it. This course provides participants with a good understanding of credit risk and the methods for managing it effectively.
- Definition of credit risk
- Types of credit risk:
Counterparty credit risk
- Retail and wholesale lending
- Credit Analysis
- Credit risk of debt instruments
- Key concepts of credit risk measurement:
Probability of default
Exposure at default
Loss given default
- Expected loss (EL) and Unexpected Loss (UL)
- Future Trends
Risk managers and other financial service professionals with at least 1 year experience in financial services who want to understand credit risk.