Custody and Custodian Banks
In light of recent market developments, the area of custody has become more important and more visible than ever before. The increased focus on custody is likely to result in major changes to EU regulations and, subsequently, market practice. By focusing on custody operations for securities and investment funds in Europe, this course provides participants with an in-depth understanding of custody from both an operational and a regulatory perspective.
- Principal activities belonging to the area of custody
- Different players in the area of custody (e.g., global custodians, sub-custodians, depositaries, paying agents)
- Responsibilities of custodians
- Safekeeping of assets
- Corporate actions and their characteristics
- How corporate actions are calculated, processed and paid
- Custody operations in central securities depositories
- Standards and market conventions in the custody area
- Changing regulatory requirements for custodians
- Risks related to custody
- Trends that will impact the future of custody
Financial service professionals who want to understand the area of custody and the associated operations.