Conflict and Communication
Conflict is an inevitable and necessary part of communication. It arises when communication partners assert differing positions, but they must agree on only one result. Although at times painful, conflict can be productive, if it achieves a positive solution. The challenge in managing conflict, therefore, is how to ensure that it achieves positive results.
The focus of this course is on managing conflict and, at the same time, improving communication among colleagues. In the course, participants will improve their understanding of communication skills, assertiveness, the causes of conflict and the ways in which they resolve conflict.
- Communicate more effectively
- Recognise the causes and potential results of conflict
- Judge the impact of conflict on communication and vice versa
- Be assertive in managing conflicts
- Understand the impact of culture and language on communication and conflict
- Manage the emotional dimension of conflict resolution
- Apply different strategies for achieving positive results through conflict resolution
Anyone who needs to manage conflict situations.