The ever-increasing complexity of modern business and technology challenges the effectiveness of teams. To deal with this situation, a team must have a strong leader. While some people are born leaders, most need to develop the skills required to create vision, communicate it to others and motivate a team. This is particularly important during periods of rapid change or growth, in which a team relies on the support and direction given by its leader.
The objective of this course is to improve the leadership skills of people, who do not have a lot of management experience or who may be good managers, but need to improve as leaders. The course makes use of role plays and exercises to help participants understand how they can become better leaders.
- Understand the need for leadership and management skills in any supervisory role
- Recognise the specific qualities of leadership and the needs of a team
- Identify the impact of leadership on the task, the team and the individual
- Understand the importance of emotion in leadership
- Set and communicate goals
- Understand the importance of delegation and coaching in leadership
- Motivate, build and lead a team
- Manage conflict and dissent in a team
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.