Professional project management is a management technique that must be studied and applied, if a high probability of success is to be achieved in the complex business world. Professional projects normally involve numerous people at different levels and across many disciplines - senior management, sponsors, contractors, functional groups, IT - most often in a virtual environment, in which the project manager does not have hierarchical control of the team members. Whatever the nature of the project, a successful project manager needs to understand the structure and stages of a project and have excellent people management skills.
The objective of this course is to enable participants to understand the nature of projects and the factors that are critical to their success. It will also provide the structure, tools and skills needed to understand and implement the best practice for project management.
- Understand the responsibilities and functions of project managers
- Apply and manage the project life cycle
- Evaluate a project in terms of objectives, scope, resources, time and quality
- Identify project risks and the tactics for dealing with them
- Manage change in projects
- Deal with communication issues in projects
- Judge the importance of documentation in a project
- Plan work effectively and efficiently
- Develop a systematic approach to problem solving within projects
- Draw up an action plan for on-going project management development
Current and future project managers.