International Financial Markets
The financial markets of the world are vast and extremely complex. Yet each market has its unique characteristics, often making it difficult to understand. This course provides participants with a good understanding of different financial markets in terms of market characteristics, financial instruments, market activities and players.
- Characteristics of financial markets
- Differences between markets: Cross-border vs. domestic markets; primary vs. secondary markets; regulated vs. unregulated markets
- Characteristics of different financial instruments: Debt instruments, equities, entitlements, investment funds and derivatives
- The different activities in financial markets: Trading, matching, clearing, settlement and custody; managing derivatives; dealing with investment funds
- Players in financial markets
- Standards and technology used in financial markets
- Managing risk in international financial markets
- Trends that will shape financial markets in the future
Financial service professionals who want to understand financial markets, how they operate and the financial instruments processed in them.