Finance for Non-Finance managers
Because of an increased focus on cost management and the widespread availability of computers throughout companies, corporate finance is no longer restricted to the accounting department. Managers of practically every department must compile budgets, write business cases and perform cost accounting. This course provides department managers and their support staff with the knowledge they need to understand finance and to perform the department-level accounting tasks that are often required of them.
- Basic concepts of finance and accounting
- Financial accounting vs. management accounting
- Balance sheets and income statements
- Depreciation and amortisation
- Capital budgeting
- Budgets and the budgeting process
- Business cases and the financial evaluation of projects
- Financial aspects of operations
- Return on investment
- Costing and the different types of costs
People who are not financial specialists, but who nonetheless want to understand finance and accounting.