Delegation and Empowerment
Despite significant improvements in productivity brought by technology, managers today typically complain about having too much work. This situation is often attributable to their inability or reluctance to delegate work to their staff and empower them. But delegation is not just “getting rid of work”. If performed properly, it is a powerful tool that not only ensures work is accomplished, it also motivates delegates through development and trust.
This course helps managers and supervisors develop and practice a method for delegating that is both effective and motivational. The course emphasises the motivational aspects of delegation and empowerment, while explaining how to improve the effectiveness of a team.
- Understand the differences and similarities between delegation and empowerment
- Identify appropriate tasks to delegate
- Select the right delegate
- Judge when and how to delegate
- Delegate effectively by following a seven-step method of delegation
- Understand and overcome the obstacles to effective delegation
- Deal with the risks involved in delegation
- Empower team members and manage that empowerment
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.