Assertiveness and Personal Effectiveness
Assertiveness is different from aggression. It is saying what you think and what you want without violating the rights of the people around you. Although assertiveness is essential in business, many people find it difficult to be assertive.
The objective of this course is to help participants become more confident, assertive and personally effective. The course looks at different aspects of effectiveness and assertiveness, including different approaches that are attributable to cultural and linguistic diversity. Exercises and role plays ensure the practical orientation of the course.
- Define assertive and effective behaviour, while recognising own aggressive and passive behaviours
- Understand the impact of cultural and linguistic diversity on assertiveness
- Use three main assertiveness tools (basic, empathetic and negative feelings)
- Understand the importance of a range of communication tools and how to apply them
- Set goals and action plans for improving key relationships in the workplace