Account Manager Alternative Funds
We are currently seeking an account manager with expertise in private equity, real estate, infrastructure, venture capital, debt funds, and other alternative funds. Knowledge of the AIFMD regime is essential due to the complexity of our fund structures and asset classes. This role requires strong collaboration, communication, and attention to detail.
DescriptionAs an Account Manager on our Alternative Funds' team, your main role will involve the following tasks:
- Taking responsibility for account management duties related to our alternative investments funds, specifically focusing on recordkeeping and ownership verification from a Depositary perspective.
- Monitoring cash flows and implementing controls in line with AIFMD requirements and internal procedures for alternative funds. Any identified issues should be escalated as necessary.
- Contributing to fund assessments, including analyzing the funds' strategies and complexity to determine how our processes should be applied appropriately.
- Monitoring and reporting on the operational output of third-party service providers, and raising any issues that are identified.
- Assisting with the coordination of various projects, such as requests for proposals, audits, and confirmation campaigns, as well as participating in due diligences for AIFMs and central administrators.
- Collaborating with internal and external parties to effectively resolve any queries that arise.
Your profileAs a candidate for the role, you should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Master's degree (or equivalent) in economics, management, law, or a related field, preferably with additional training in banking and/or the fund industry, specifically alternative funds.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position, such as fund control or operations, client service management, or auditing, with a focus on alternative funds.
- Strong knowledge of the responsibilities of the Depositary under AIFMD and a solid understanding of complex Private Equity, Real Estate, and Hedge Fund strategies.
- A problem-solving mindset with a proactive attitude. You should be able to connect different elements and effectively manage various risks.
- A high level of commitment and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. You should also be able to coordinate work across different disciplines, prioritize tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and French. Fluency in French is required as it is the corporate language of the Bank. You should be able to articulate complex issues and convey concise messages.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite applications, particularly Excel. Knowledge of VBA is a plus.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of diversity and inclusion. You should support and promote a culture where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic selves at work.