Our client is a leading European Credit insurance company, fueled by a multinational force of more than 500 professionals. Active in fourteen European countries, they serve local and international clients from all around the world. Even though they are rapidly growing, they strive to preserve the soul of a human-sized company in the way we interact with each other from top to bottom. They are looking for a Risk Underwriter to integrate the team. If you have a master’s degree in an economics-related field and a first professional experience in the financial or insurance sector, this job might be for you!
- As a Risk Underwriter, you will assess (insurance) applications related to international trade transactions, conduct financial and qualitative analyses, appraise the political and structural risks and make recommendations on the acceptability of applications in order to obtain tailor-made solutions in line with the customer’s needs and the company’s values.
- You will submit proposals to decision committees or decide on the acceptance of risks within your decision-making authority.
- You will develop and manage relations with clients and/or brokers, both domestically and abroad.
- You will have a wide field of action containing several types of export transactions (such as buyer credits, supplier credits, cash transactions and transactions involving documentary credit, forfaiting and direct financing).
- Besides your underwriting tasks, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of in-house projects.
- You will work in a team with more expierienced colleauges who will guide you on your learning journey.
- You have a master’s degree in an economics-related field supplemented with additional training in finance or international trade if possible, or you hold a master's degree in law with additional training in economics.
- You have a first professional experience in the financial or insurance sector.
- You have an excellent knowledge of French and you show oral and written proficiency in Dutch and English, allowing you to perform in an international environment, or you perfectly master Dutch with professional proficiency in French and English.
- You combine a strong analytical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
- You are well organised, accurate and able to cope with tight deadlines.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
- An interesting permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- Learning opportunities to develop your skills and expertise.
- A salary corresponding to your profile and experience, including hospital and ambulatory care insurance, pension insurance, FlexReward plan and other extra-legal benefits.
- A hybrid working arrangement (three days WFH) offering flexibility and a good work-life balance.
- A role in a company where the following values are key: respect, customer intimacy and reliability.