Policy Manager - Export Credit Insurance
Our client, a prominent European credit insurance company, is looking for a Policy Manager to evaluate amendment requests for insurance products provided to Belgian exporters involved in international trade. The role requires a Master's degree, excellent proficiency in both French and Dutch, and at least 3 years of experience. With a multinational presence and a focus on maintaining a human-sized company atmosphere, this position offers an attractive opportunity for individuals aspiring to be part of a dynamic and growing organization.
- As a Policy Manager, you will assess amendment requests relating to insurance products provided to our Belgian exporters active in international trade. You will conduct financial and qualitative analyses, asses political and structural risks and make recommendations on the acceptability of said amendments. You will monitor the risks covered and analyse appropriate mitigating measures.
- You will primarily manage export finance operations (such as buyer credits, supplier credits, letter of credit transactions).
- You will submit proposals to decision committees or decide on the acceptance of risks within the scope of your decision-making authority.
- You will build and manage relations with clients.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of in-house projects alongside your underwriting tasks.
- You have a Master’s degree.
- You have an excellent knowledge of French and you show oral and written proficiency in English and Dutch, allowing you to perform in an international environment.
- You combine a strong analytical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
- You are well organised, accurate and able to cope with tight deadlines.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
- An interesteing permanent position in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, group- and hospitalisation insurance, extralegal pension, flex reward etc.).
- A hybrid working arrangement (three days of teleworking) offering flexibility to maintain a good life balance.