Transfer Agency (Shareholder Services)
The transfer agency function is a vital component of the investment fund industry, because it is the interface between a fund and its investors. It is also the official record-keeping function of shareholder positions. This course describes the many facets of the transfer agency function in detail. The course is practical and includes numerous exercises.
- The transfer agency function and its importance
- Activities belonging to the transfer agency function
- Services provided to fund managers
- Account opening and management ("Know your customer")
- Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing in the transfer agency
- Fund distribution
- Order processing
- Types of fund orders
- Settling fund orders
- Fees and commissions
- Corporate actions for funds
- Shareholder communication and fulfillment
People working or planning to work in the fund industry who want to understand transfer agency.