Because of their flexibility and leveraged nature, options are powerful instruments that can be used effectively for hedging, arbitrage, financial engineering and speculation. This course provides participants with a detailed look at options and various aspects of options markets in both Europe and the U.S.
- Characteristics of options
- History and development of options
- Options markets
- Use of options for hedging, arbitrage, financial engineering and speculation
- Exchange-listed options
- Over-the-counter options
- Pricing of options
- Options strategies
- Variations on options
- Option sensitivity measures (”the Greeks”)
- Risks associated with options
Financial service professionals with at least 1 year experience in financial services who want to understand options.