Futures and Forward Contracts
The futures market is one of the largest financial markets in the world. Yet it is a market that is not well known, primarily because of its operational. Forward contracts are similar to futures contracts, but they are handled over the counter. This course provides participants with a detailed look at futures and forward contracts, as well as various aspects of the markets for futures and forward in both Europe and the U.S. Exercises and case studies ensure the practical orientation of the course.
- Attributes of futures
- Futures vs. forward contracts
- History and development of futures
- Futures exchanges and how they function
- Futures and leverage
- Futures clearing and margining
- Market practice for forward contracts
- Pricing of futures and forwards
- Use of futures and forwards for hedging, arbitrage, financial engineering and speculation
- Case studies
- Risks associated with futures
Financial service professionals with at least 1 year experience in financial services who want to understand futures.