Our client is a private bank in search of an experienced Compliance professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience to assist all departments that may require compliance advice. Fluency in Dutch and French is a must to communicate with all teams effectively. The possession of a compliance certificate is a prerequisite. The client offers a permanent contract with a comprehensive salary package based on your experience, along with the flexibility of three days of telecommuting per week.
- Conduct Compliance monitoring activity, advise and support the coverage of businesses on applicable laws and regulations, including the provision of impact analyses, and the development of responses to, and implementation of new regulations.
- Contribute to the development and execution of controls e.g., participating in New Product Approval process by reviewing new product and business initiatives for consistency with regulatory requirements and reviewing marketing material against the minimum standards.
- Participate to the regulatory watch in order to determine the applicability and actionability of upcoming Belgian and European changes.
- Ensure global and local Compliance policies and procedures are reviewed and updated on a timely basis, incorporating regulatory changes and industry best practices.Confidential
- Assist in the execution of ad-hoc and key Compliance project work, and the timely resolution of regulatory or internal investigations and enquiries.
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring, considering an array of contextual data including regulation, policies, procedures, controls, training, and governance structures, escalating and assisting in the remediation of any identified gaps.
- Review Employee surveillance related alerts.
- Help maintain a Compliance staff awareness culture by providing appropriate training to staff.
- Deep understanding and current experienced based knowledge of the Belgian and European financial services regulations, including MiFID II, IDD, MAR, Consumer Protection.
- Knowledge of Private Banking and Corporate Banking Products, ideally having previously held a Compliance Advisory role or similar.
- At least 5 years of experience in Compliance or Control Functions and a university degree (preferably master’s in law and/or Finance)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Team player committed to demonstrate high integrity in all dealings with colleagues at country and regional Compliance level
- Administratively well-organized & mentality of proactively addressing issues in a risk based approach
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in French and Dutch
- International environment with regular interaction with peers in other countries and central functions
- Dynamic and innovative work environment
- Attractive and wide scope of tasks
- Interesting remuneration package (meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, cafeteria plan, ...)
- Corporate culture where values like client oriented, integrity and partnership are key
- Environment where you are encouraged to share your opinions and concerns (speak up culture)
- Flat organizational structure with close collaboration and open communication with management and between different departments