Senior Underwriting in Credit
Our client, a leading European credit insurance company, is seeking a Senior Risk Underwriter to handle the structuring and closing of new insurance projects, focusing on credit risk assessment. The ideal candidate should possess a Master's degree, excellent proficiency in both French and Dutch, and a minimum of 5 years of experience. With its multinational presence and nurturing a human-sized company culture, this opportunity presents an exciting prospect for individuals seeking to contribute to a dynamic and growing organization.
- As a Senior Risk Underwriter, you will be responsible for the structuring (including credit risk assessment) and closing new insurance projects in a competitive and international insurance environment.
- You will have a wide field of action: export finance (such as buyer credits, supplier credits, letter of credit transactions), project finance, etc.
- You will manage and develop key client relations, both domestic as abroad, and will be responsible for the negotiation with such clients to detect value-added business opportunities and manage the clients’ expectations.
- You will take part in the credit or underwriting decision process, either as an autonomous decision-maker or as a provider of founded proposals towards the appropriate decision-making bodies.
- You will proactively follow up the insurance projects and provide the clients with innovative, tailor-made solutions.
- You will assist and coach other members within the department in their learning process and contribute to the transfer of knowledge.
- Alongside the underwriting tasks, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of in-house projects.
- You have a Master's degree and experience in project financing. An additional training in finance or international trade is an asset.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the financial sector.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and you show oral and written proficiency in French and English, allowing you to perform in an international environment.
- You combine a strong analytical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
- You are well organised, accurate and able to cope with tight deadlines.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
- You have a commercial approach and experience in negotiating, and you are solution-oriented.
- An interesteing permanent position in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, group- and hospitalisation insurance, extralegal pension, flex reward etc.).
- A hybrid working arrangement (three days of teleworking) offering flexibility to maintain a good life balance.