Time Management and Planning
Despite numerous improvements achieved through technology, most people still have difficulty managing their time effectively. Too often people are distracted by urgent issues at the expense of achieving important goals. Time management is an essential skill that not only addresses this problem and improves productivity, but also reduces stress.
This course is designed to help participants focus on achieving their key goals within the time available to them. The course enables people to assess their own approach to time management and to develop a series of skills for prioritising and planning work. The outcomes include both specific behavioural improvements and a detailed action plan relating to business performance improvement in the participant's own workplace.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Set meaningful goals and SMART objectives
- Prioritise tasks on the basis of urgency and importance in relation to job goals
- Use diverse methods and tools to manage their time effectively (e.g., action lists, automated calendars, E-mail)
- Improve their time management in relationships with others
- Plan specific performance improvements related to their own roles
- Manage their own schedules more effectively