Stress Management in Teams
The business environment is more competitive than ever before. As a result, the demands on teams are more challenging. While pressure promotes performance, it can also lead to an imbalance between what people think they can do and what their managers expect them to do. When this happens, people suffer from stress, which can negatively impact both their performance and their health.
It is vital that organisations help their managers become more aware of the harmful effects that stress can cause in their teams. They must be able to identify the causes of stress and to work with both their teams and the individuals in them to manage and reduce stress. This course teaches managers how to manage and reduce stress in their teams. The course uses role plays and exercises to allow participants to practice the skills acquired.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define stress and its effects on both people and organisations
- Evaluate their own personalities and understand how they themselves influence their own stress levels and the levels of stress in their teams
- Recognise the symptoms of stress in individuals and teams
- Identify the causes of stress
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different strategies for reducing the causes of stress and coping with stress in a team environment
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.