Introduction to Investment Funds
The investment fund market is one of the world's largest and fastest growing financial markets. Despite the size and importance of investment fund markets, the intricacies of their operations are not well known. This course provides a detailed introduction into investment funds by describing their diverse characteristics, operating procedures, players and markets.
- Characteristics of investment funds
- Legal structures for funds
- Different types of investment funds
- Investment fund markets and how they operate
- International regulatory environment
- Players in investment fund markets
- Fund documentation
- Overview of domiciliary/trustee functions
- Overview of fund accounting
- Overview of transfer agency
- Overview of fund custody
- Legal and risk issues impacting investment funds
Financial service professionals who want to understand investment funds and fund markets.