Asset-Backed Securities and Structured Finance Products
Following the Financial Crisis of 2008, asset securitisation and structured finance have become more visible and controversial than ever before. The role of mortgage-backed securities and structured financial products (e.g., collateralised debt obligations) in the Financial Crisis has awakened considerable interest in these instruments, which are flexible, but potentially high risk. This course provides participants with a good understanding of asset securitisation and structured finance products in their diverse forms.
- Development of asset securitisation and structured finance products
- How asset-backed/mortgage-backed securities are created
- Operational characteristics of asset-backed/mortgage-backed securities
- International market for asset-backed securities and structured finance instruments
- Characteristics of structured finance instruments
- Use of derivatives in structured finance products
- Collateralised debt obligations
- Operations for structured finance products
- Legal and risk issues surrounding asset securitisation and structured finance
Financial service professionals with more than 2 years experience who want to understand asset-backed securities and structured finance products.