Procurement Legal Counsel
Our client's Procurement department is currently seeking a Procurement Legal Counsel to join their team in Brussels. In this role, you will contribute to the selection and management of suppliers, ensuring compliance with regulations. As a key member of the Procurement Department, you will provide legal guidance, manage vendor risks, and implement strategies considering ESG dimensions. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will collaborate closely with various departments. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, recognized for leadership and innovation, working on significant projects and contributing to the development of procurement practices at our client.
- As legal advisor, your role is to protect the interests of the client when contracting with vendors for the acquisition of goods and services ;
- To do so, you provide first line legal support to the Procurement buyers’ community in contract drafting during vendor selection projects. You advise them on appropriate positions and wording to adopt when deviating from standard company's templates based on a contract risk analysis. You negotiate contractual terms with suppliers and validate contracts prior signature ;
- You provide timely support on legal issues that might come up along contracts’ lifecycle to ensure swift resolution ;
- You develop and maintain the company contracting toolbox (e.g. contract-templates, standard appendices and schedules, standard clauses library, contract review checklists to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and internal standards) and proactively drive contracting process efficiency improvement. To do so you ensure continuous external benchmark with peers and constantly look for simplification and efficiency in the contracting process ;
- You ensure new laws, requirements (internal and external) and regulations (e.g. GDRP, DORA) impact on our contractual framework are identified in time and then adequately integrated into our standard contracts.
- You conduct research for complex legal questions and formulate solutions ;
- You lead and animate the Procurement Legal Academy to train Procurement buyers’ community on key legal principles and concepts to make them able to handle 1st line contracts review and negotiation ;
- You act as a coordinator with Subject Matter Experts (Audit, Risk Management, Security Officer, Compliance Officer, Data Privacy Officer, Internal Control, CSR, Reputation) to proactively understand their requirements and ensure those are adequately embedded in the procurement processes ;
- You lead or contribute to transversal projects initiated locally or at Group level, by Procurement or other professional families ;
- You do have experience in advanced contract management tools and show interest in new technologies such as AI/GenAI that bring advanced functionalities to contract management activities ;
- You closely liaise and work with Group Legal Procurement and Local Corporate Legal to align on latest standards to apply and make recommendation to improve our contracting framework and drive best practices.
- You have minimum a Master degree in Law ;
- You have between 3 to 5 years’ experience in commercial law with experience in IT, non IT and outsourcing commercial contract drafting, review and negotiation ;
- You are solution oriented, pragmatic and you’re able to translate procurement and business concepts into contract and legal frameworks ;
- You are customer-focused, improvement-oriented and you have strong problem-solving skills. Thanks to your critical thinking you contribute to continuous improvement ;
- You are a team player and are capable of guiding other professionals as a subject matter expert ;
- You understand in detail all the steps of a sourcing process and vendors risk management ;
- You can demonstrate solid negotiation skills related to complex legal matters in contacts with both internal and external parties ;
- You are fluent in English, French and/or Dutch (spoken and written). Contracts are predominantly drafted in English though legacy contracts might be written in French or Dutch.
- An attractive salary ;
- Discretionary personal and collective bonuses and of course, meal and eco vouchers ;
- From group to hospitalization insurance and ambulatory care ;
- A job that respects your personal life and dreams ;
- Home working ;
- Sport facilities ;
- With 35 days off per year to recharge.