Client account manager
Our client, an international law firm, is looking for a Client Account Manager. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, the Client Account Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the billing and collection strategy for their teams and in conjunction with firm best practices as well as in accordance with client requirements. This position will (i) collaborate with partners and practice groups leaders along with other Finance teams including the client reporting, strategic pricing and revenue operations teams, (ii) ensure team members are receiving appropriate training and development to respond effectively to partner or client requests, (iii) ensure teams are following client outside counsel guidelines and rates are in-line with client agreements before billing, and (iv) ensure quality and timely reporting for senior management.
- Oversee and lead the entire billing and collection process to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and payment of clients for assigned practice groups and/or offices.
- Monitor monthly aging AR reports and take appropriate action to ensure each invoice is paid on time and in full; direct teams to follow-up on underpayments and help with resolution, as needed.
- Performs regular audits of invoices to identify billing errors; identify training or development gaps on team and address.
- Review and analyzebilling and collection data to identify trends.
- Ensure teams have documented for their areas of responsibility their partner requirements, key client requirements (billing, collecting, fee arrangements) in order to allow more streamlined collaboration and coverage among teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve billing efficiency and accuracy and implement strategies to achieve these goals
- Provide monthly updates on unbilled time and AR status, including reports, metrics and presentations.
- Collaborate with internal clients and other finance teams, such as Pricing Operations and ebilling, to ensure accurate client invoices, submission requirements, and reporting
- Ensure team timely and accurately updates key finance reports (e.g., projection amounts, clear and concise billing or AR comments), to improve reporting for Senior Management
- Participate in office and/or practice group meetings to understand strategy, challenges, goals of assigned practice groups or offices. Provide reports/updates, as required.
- Manage a team and provide training, development, and support.
- Follow-up with partners to escalate any billing or collection issues or delays.
- Build strong relationships across finance as well as practice groups and partners.
- Ensure adequate coverage during busy times (e.g. year-end, month-end)
- Develop or maintain billing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, internal best practices, as well as client requirements.
- Provide training on billing best practices, software, reports, tools and any other revenue cycle-related tasks and standard operating procedures
- Participate in and assigns personnel, as required, for technology testing and software reviews.
- Develop continuous process improvement reviews in order to help shorten revenue cycle timing, improve reporting, and matter intake information. Coordinate with technology teams, as needed.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related fields
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant billing and client relationship experience at a professional service firm or law firm is a great asset.
- Minimum of 3 years in a manager role
- Proven record of implementing operational and procedural improvements.
- Experience with Aderant is a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word.
- An innovative team player that is willing to pitch in when needed and offer ideas to better the group.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills, which is effective at all levels, particularly with attorneys.
- Detail-oriented with a mastery of billing and collections processes, ability to investigate issues and errors, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, consensus-driven, partnership environment with highly skilled professionals.
OfferOur client offers you:
- A permanent contract.
- A good work-life balance thanks to flexible hours.
- An international environment with travel opportunity if you wish.