Claims Handler Marine
For our client in the Antwerp region we are looking for a lawyer within the Marine/Transport insurance branch. Do you have the necessary knowledge and do you want to delve into complex maritime dossiers? Then apply quickly!
- As a lawyer, you will be responsible for the most complex files as well as providing legal advice. You will be called in to the team of claims handlers to handle files, examples include:
- There has been a collision, our client is the insurer of the ship owner or charterer and we seek to protect our client and their insured as best we can in determining liability in the collision. Insights about the maritime industry/navigation come in handy here.
- A shipping company, before they start loading a particular cargo (steel, fertilizers, rice, bulk... etc), will check this cargo before loading it on board. We will help the shipping company find a suitable surveyor for this purpose. This also occurs when the ship comes to unload, where we also help find a suitable surveyor to check the cargo during unloading.
- An insurer of the ship owner or charterer, contacts us because their insured has a problem related to drugs on board, for example, or port state control, for example. We follow up range of different issues then.
- You have an affinity with the maritime sector, transport sector and you have a knowledge of transport law
- You are in possession of a Master Law and you already have experience
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch/English, knowledge of French is a plus
- You can work fluently with the computer/MS Office
- Varied position as a lawyer
- Full-time contract of indefinite duration
- Attractive salary package
- Pleasant working environment
- Easy accessibility by public transport (100 m from central station, close to metro, bus stop and Velostation)