Our client, active in the real estate sector, is actively looking for a Senior Accountant. In this role, you report to the Accounting Manager and will assist the Accounting Manager in preparing accurate and timely financial reports and ensure appropriate accounting control procedure. The accountant prepares recharging/inter-company activities, cash related activities and support in the implementation of new systems, always in line with the company’s policies and values.
- You ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- You ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- You ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- You prepare financial management reports.
- You resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- You ensure accurate inter-company accounts and recharges.
- You prepare tax returns (VAT, Real Estate Tax, etc.).
- You ensure vendor file maintenance.
- You set invoices up for payment and prepare and process payments.
- You maintain bank records.
- You ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- You participate in the auditing process and any necessary follow-up and improvement.
- You establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- You act as a gate keeper in respect of the delegation of authority matrix close collaboration with the legal department.
- You participate in fine tuning and roll out of various control systems
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- You are fluent in French with a professional working proficiency in English. Any other market’s language is considered a plus.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in General Ledger accounting.
- You have experience in the Services or Retail sector.
- You are familiar with your market’s VAT and GAAP processes.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications and an advanced level in Excel
- You show flexibility and are open to change.
- You have a problem-solver attitude.
- You actively seek opportunities for self-development and learning.
- You recognize commercial opportunities in own work as they arise.
- You are aware of the customer’s needs (internal or external), put them first in own work.
- You show awareness of and commitment to business performance targets in own job.
- You show market and business awareness in own work/own immediate area.
- You express yourself clearly and professionally, can influence customers using the available tools.
- You prioritize own tasks, complete work to deadlines and work independently.