Legal Counsel DPO
Our client is a leading insurer and reinsurer who needs a new Legal Counsel / Data Privacy Specialist. The primary responsibility will be to ensure the company's adherence to legal standards, internal policies, and procedures, with a strong focus on GDPR. You will provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders to ensure personal data processing regulations. This role involves collaboration with various teams and external partners, making it a pivotal position.
DescriptionAs a Legal Counsel and Data Privacy Analyst :
- You analyse the legality of personal data processing and provide recommendations ;
- You assist Business Units in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments ;
- You conduct specialized legal research on complex data processing areas ;
- You provide support for data breach notifications ;
- You assist Business Units in negotiating data processing agreements ;
- You stay current with evolving data privacy laws and regulations, ensuring organizational compliance ;
- You develop, review, and update data privacy policies and procedures ;
- You review and negotiate contracts, agreements, and data processing agreements ;
- You conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and advise on risk mitigation ;
- You deliver data privacy training programs ;
- You lead the incident response team in case of data breaches or privacy incidents ;
- You serve as the point of contact for data protection authorities, regulators, and data subject requests.
- You draft, review, and negotiate contractual documents ;
- You provide regulatory advice specific to Belgium, and support other countries as needed ;
- You advise and assist on day-to-day legal queries from various business and functional units ;
- You contribute to ad hoc projects ;
- You stay updated on local legislation to provide guidance on general legal questions.
- You have a Master in Law ;
- You have a very good knowledge of english ;
- You have a very good knowedge of one of the two national languages and a good knowledge of the other one ;
- A first experience in GDPR or a strong interest in GDPR is an asset ;
- You have a first professional experience ;
- You have an analytical mind ;
- You are solution-oriented.
OfferOur client offers :
- An attractive salary package ;
- Homeworking ;
- Flexible working hours.