Accounting & Reporting Analyst
Our client, active in the insurance sector, is actively seeking an Accounting & Reporting Analyst to strengthen the General Accounting & Statutory Reporting team. Within this team, there is no shortage of opportunities for anyone who enjoys a challenge, is keen to learn and is practical and hands-on.
- For our client, every financial year-end is the moment of truth. They prepare the IFRS accounts as well as the company's comments for consolidation, so that the annual report and consolidated management reporting reflect the real contribution of the insurance entities. You must therefore have a good accounting knowledge of both IFRS and BEGAAP standards.
- Our customer aspires to ensure fully fluid and controlled accounting processes and reporting, but is not quite there yet. You will therefore have to devote a limited part of your time to monthly entries and first-line controls. But you will be expected to get to grips with the closing process and continually seek to improve its efficiency, in collaboration with the business and process teams.
- Reporting is of interest to a wide range of stakeholders. They draw up the statutory (annual) accounts in LGAAP and report them at regular intervals to various other bodies concerned with the insurers' financial results and balance sheet positions. They also transmit the statutory declarations of insurance taxes and contributions, and carry out the necessary controls in this respect.
- Public accounting is a living subject. New products, partners or accounting standards often require new accounting translations. The Methodology Unit draws up the framework, but you are responsible for the practical follow-up in the accounts, with the business. For example, the development of IFRS 17, the new IFRS accounting standard for the insurance business, will be one of your main tasks over the coming months.
- You will be familiar with the fundamentals of reporting and accounting, and will be able to put together an audit file.
- For a bancassurer, data are essential, and the Accounting department plays an important role in this respect. In addition to accounting, they have detailed databases at their disposal, enabling them to carry out controls and reporting on several platforms and ledgers. You'll be able to find the data you need, and produce an intelligible summary of your analysis.
- You have a Master's degree and a few years' relevant experience as a chartered accountant in the financial sector.
- You don't just execute, but also take a critical look at the figures, which hold no secrets for you.
- You have an analytical mind and a proven track record, enabling you to draw concrete conclusions from your analysis.
- You like to work as part of a team to achieve results and, to do so, think in terms of solutions that you can share equally with the team.
- You juggle data and ensure that processes are improved.
- You express yourself clearly in one of the two national languages and understand the other well. English is an asset.
- You are dynamic, open to innovation and looking forward to working in the world of bancassurance.
OfferOur client, a leader in the bancassurance sector, offers you..:
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package
- Development possibilities through a wide range of training and career opportunities throughout the Group.
- A good work-life balance thanks to flexible working hours, a combination of office and home working and an attractive number of days off.
- A modern workplace in the heart of Brussels, with a trendy gym, a delicious healthy restaurant and comfortable meeting spaces, all within walking distance of the shopping street, Brussels-North station and Rogier metro station.