Our client is active in the legal sector.The Management Assistant position in Brussels involves providing administrative support to lawyers, including file management, billing, planning, meeting coordination, secretarial duties, and much more. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, analytical, with previous experience in professional services, excellent communication skills, and fluency in English, with French and/or Greek being an asset.
- Work with supervisor as a member of a management team to provide full assistantship, secretarial and administrative support, taking responsibility and ensuring that work is carried out in the most efficient and appropriate manner, provide support to
- File management; organizing and opening files, closing files, archiving and ensuring that all relevant documents are filed electronically and on paper where appropriate.
- Manage the billing process using Elite (internal financial system). Assist lawyers by liaising with other parties to raise invoices. Liaise with other international offices to follow relevant procedures, managing fees for them to make all necessary time records or to enter their time records on their behalf.
- Review and correct billing drafts on a monthly basis and submit to lawyers for review and approval.
- Process file update requests, such as address changes, discount requests, etc.
- Classify customer information in a consistent manner.
- Gather information from different software programs and ensure perfect correspondence.
- Work closely with the finance department to follow up on overdue accounts.
- Create invoices, disbursements, create and modify narratives, request inter-departmental credit notes and invoices, and liaise with international offices as necessary.
- Complete financial reports required for internal systems, highlighting outstanding earnings to be invoiced and informing customer as necessary.
- Proactively manage and maintain the agendas of Business Managers; coordinate meetings with internal and external customers, ensuring that all work activities are scheduled efficiently, including the identification and resolution of potential issues.
- Manage the booking of meeting rooms, conference and video facilities; liaise with attendees where necessary, and ensure they receive a first-class hospitality experience.
- Handle external and internal telephone calls and inquiries in a professional manner.
- You have at least 5 years' experience as a personal or executive assistant.
- You are fluent in English, with French and/or Greek a plus.
- You are flexible and able to manage a heavy workload and meet tight deadlines.
- You are financially literate
- Analytical and numbers-oriented
- Ability to respond to business demands and work with demanding stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and understand the end-to-end law firm billing process.
- Previous experience in a professional services organization is a plus
- Discretion in handling confidential matters
- Team spirit, positive attitude, common sense and flexibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, positive attitude, good planning skills
- Proactive and able to show initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills
- A stimulating environment.
- Varied, national environment.
- A competitive market package.
- Located in the center of Brussels.
- Easily accessible by transport.