We are currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Risk Manager to join our client's team. As a Risk Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing regulatory risk for various investment funds. Your responsibilities will include conducting risk assessments, monitoring risk profiles, and producing regular risk reports. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory and investment restrictions, as well as providing support for the valuation process. If you have a strong background in risk management for investment funds, solid regulatory knowledge, and excellent communication skills, we would love to hear from you. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to work with our client on a 6-month consulting mission. Apply now!
- Performing regulatory risk management for investment funds such as UCITS, fund of funds, securities-based AIF, real estate, private equity, debt, and infrastructure.
- Conducting risk assessment for both existing and new products, including determining risk profiles and setting risk limits.
- Monitoring the compliance of risk profiles with established risk limits and escalating any issues to senior management as needed.
- Developing fund-specific risk profiles and producing regular risk reports with a focus on market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, and operational risk.
- Conducting stress-testing and backtesting to assess the resilience of the funds.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and fund-specific investment restrictions, both for transactions and ongoing operations.
- Advising departments, investment managers, and service providers on risk disclosures and investment restrictions during fund setup.
- Taking responsibility for risk-related disclosures in official fund documentation and reports.
- Drafting risk-related policies and procedures and providing support for the valuation process.
- Monitoring product liquidity and performing stress tests to assess their impact.
- Providing regular updates to conducting officers and the governing body of the organization.
- Reporting to the CSSF (Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) and investors on risk-related matters.
- Interacting with portfolio managers, investors, auditors, and regulatory authorities.
- Overseeing and managing the relationship with the risk system service provider.
- Handling ad-hoc tasks to support the business's growth and ensure the smooth running of daily activities.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer to other team members, especially new colleagues.
- Continuously improving risk reporting and monitoring processes.
- University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Economics, or comparable studies
- At least 3 years of professional experience in risk management for investment funds with a focus on investment funds
- Solid regulatory knowledge regarding Luxembourg fund law, UCITS, CDR, ESMA guidelines, CSSF circulars, etc
- Knowledge regarding OTC-derivatives and asset valuation is a plus
- Profound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- VBA and other programming skills are an asset
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment