Our client is active in the construction sector. The company, based in Brussels, Belgium, is seeking a Financial Controller for its Head Office. The role involves monthly management reporting, supporting department heads, financial analysis, and ERP process ownership. Qualifications include a finance-related degree, 4-6 years of relevant experience, fluency in English and French or Dutch, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. The position offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities, and a dynamic, innovative work environment within a global company.
- Collecting and consolidating monthly management reports for head office departments such as BESIX Engineering department, our clientTendering department, Corporate services (Legal, People, Procurement…)
- Coordinating with the Head of department:
- Yearly Budget
- Monthly challenge evolutions and variances (actuals & forecasts) and understanding of major transactions;
- Top management ad hoc analysis;
- Ensure timely information gathering and reporting.
- Understanding and explaining the figures (in writing and verbally towards the management)
- Continuous management reports improvement to address top management needs (layout, figures, additional information & analysis, …)
- Ownership of the monthly time registration process for our client, supported by an application support clerk.
- Monthly monitoring of standard employee rates with the real costs.
You will be working in close collaboration with Head of departments and have to be committed to high quality customized reports and financial support. You will be the key Finance contact person for this top management layer.
Specific controlling & financial analysis
Being in direct contact with the Finance & Administration Director will give you the opportunity to take ownership of multiple tasks and specific analysis covering a very broad and rich scope.
Support to Head of Finance
You will be in direct contact with the Finance & Administration Director. You will be able to bring your expertise on many financial and management topics, allowing you to grow in the function.
ERP Process owner
Our client Head Office has recently rolled-out a new ERP, giving the opportunity to streamline the financial processes. You will be supporting the head office departments, achieving efficient solutions and advising the business on the optimal ERP use.
- You have a university degree in finance or economic sciences or equivalent;
- You have a first solid and relevant work experience (+/- 4-6 years)
- Experience in a Big 4 company is a plus;
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch;
- Open minded, respectful and trustworthy;
- Independent, well organized, flexible;
- Problem solver, result oriented, rigorous and committed;
- Good organization and communication skills, and ability to prioritize and make decisions;
- Stress resistant;
- Working at the Brussels HQ (Woluwé) is not an issue for you;
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …);
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon;
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions);
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment;
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group.