Claims Handler Liability
Our client active in the insurance sector is looking for a claims manager specialized in civil liability. The ideal candidate has a Master in Law, experience in claims management, very good language skills and is a real team player. As claims manager, the new colleague will be in contact with different actors. The employer offers a permanent contract with multiple benefits.
- You gather data when opening a claim file, you dissect the claim declaration, where necessary you involve a claims expert and/or a lawyer in order to compile an accurate and complete file in which the relevant information regarding risk and cover and the extent and cause of the damage is bundled in a well-organized way and all this in a paperless environment;
- You examine and analyze claim files, taking into account the policy conditions, expert reports, existing legislation and case law, our guidelines and proxies in order to decide whether or not to take responsibility for the claim and to make a realistic estimate of the loss and loss reserve;
- You actively monitor the progress of your files in order to finalize them correctly and as soon as possible. In the meantime you keep the reserves continuously up to date according to the evolution of the file;
- You report important claim files to the production department, the management and the head office and you give feedback to your colleagues in the production department about the interpretation of our policy conditions in concrete claim files so that they can possibly be better adapted to the activities of our insured parties ;
- You answer the questions of brokers and customers in writing or by phone. You liaise with our experts and lawyers and follow up their work.
- You preferably hold a Master's degree in Law. You have several years of experience in claims management;
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English ;
- You are looking for a job with varied content in which you can valorize your legal knowledge;
- You are a motivated team player who can work independently;
- You have good communication skills (both oral and written);
- You are service-oriented and you think solution-oriented ;
- You are stress resistant, meticulous and have a sense of analysis ;
- Good knowledge of Office 365.
- Our client offers you a job with a stable and internationally recognized company. You will find yourself in a pleasant and modern working environment with a dynamic team where you can work according to the principle of "Activity Based Working" in one of their offices but also from home (up to 12 days a month);
- They offer you an attractive salary (13th & 14th month on top of the vacation pay), a bonus based on CLA90 and a cafeteria plan, group insurance and hospitalization insurance.