Our client is an international law firm looking for Legal Secretary who performs a broad range of secretarial, document processing and administrative support to attorneys and clients in a multilingual and dynamic environment where excellent client service is emphasized and practiced. The Legal Secretary may assume responsibility for special projects and have some client contact. This position requires knowledge of legal terminology and procedures, and applicable technology. It also requires a willingness to actively engage as a full member of the Brussels office team, where lawyers and staff work very closely together. Our client also offers a very attractive salary package.
- Drafts routine correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and presentations in multiple formats (eg. Word, Excel & PowerPoint) ;
- Inputs, edits, formats and proofreads legal correspondence and/or documents ;
- Transcribes text (e.g., correspondence and miscellaneous legal documents) from handwritten drafts, audio tapes, voice messages or digital recording ;
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date and accurate filing systems including paper, electronic and chronological files
- Assists with preparation of correspondence with and submissions to authorities and the judiciary ;
- Manages and maintains attorney time entry records to ensure compliance with established deadlines ;
- Prepares and processes new business intake forms to request client/matter numbers, maintains up-to-date lists of client/matter numbers, prepares engagement letters ;
- Manages attorney travel arrangements and schedules; prepares travel itineraries ;
- Maintains attorney Outlook calendar and contacts .
- English (equivalent of native English speaker) and French (fluent), and any other European language welcome ;
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of legal secretarial experience, preferably in law firms or other legal environment ;
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent. Post high school education preferred ;
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel and Adobe crobat ;
- A self-starter; ability to work independently, take initiative and carry out assignments to completion with minimal supervision ;
- Prioritizes tasks, pays attention to detail and follows through to ensure deadlines are met ;
- Demonstrates a high level of internal and external client service; screens communication and responds promptly in a clear, concise and accurate manner ;
- Ability to work well under pressure and execute multiple and critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment ;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to write routine business correspondence and speak effectively with clients, vendors and staff ;
- Able to make practical and routine decisions; knows when to seek guidance as necessary ;
- Flexibility to work overtime ;
- A true team player willing to integrate into a very collaborative office structure .
- Attractive salary ;
- Fulltime or part-time in the afternoon ;
- Flexible hours ;
- 3 days of home-working ;
- Mealvouchers ;
- Hospitalisation plan ;
- Pension plan ;
- Monthly allowance mobility (internet + mobile phone) € 35 eur netto .