Our client, a leader in the consumer credit sector, is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the Reporting team in the Brussels office. As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for the preparation and introduction of internal and external reporting on time and with the required quality. You will also assist in the implementation of projects mainly linked to changes in IFRS standards and reporting in the accounting department. You should preferably have previous experience in a similar role, and a very good command of French and English.
- Ensure that IFRS reporting packages are prepared for the Group on time and to the required quality in the Group's consolidation tool.
- Ensure the preparation and publication of statutory declarations and accounts to the National Bank in accordance with BEGAAP standards.
- Analyze, test and implement new requirements and developments in IFRS group reporting.
- Ensure communication and coordination with the various group reporting stakeholders and external parties.
- Ensure the preparation and follow-up of external audits (analysis, reconciliation and justification).
- Participate in accounting closures (accounting, reconciliation, analysis, controls and reporting).
- Provide support to other Finance Department teams in the development, testing and validation of accounting aspects of business projects, Strategic Plan projects and Finance Department projects.
- Analysis of current accounting processes in order to establish recommendations and optimize current operations.
- Assist in the development of procedures for new accounting activities and tasks, and in the revision of existing procedures.
- Master's degree in Economics or Commercial Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- First experience in a financial analysis, reporting or audit function.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial standards (BeGAAP and IFRS).
- Fluency in French or Dutch and good knowledge of English.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills (out-of-the-box thinking)- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Your qualities are: organizational and planning skills, autonomy, solution-oriented.
- You are flexible, available and stress-resistant in the face of the very tight reporting deadlines imposed by the Group.