Our client, a growing and dynamic bank is looking for a Accountant with first experience in similar position. You are part of the Belgian Accounting Department, which is responsible for the optimal and qualitative operation of the Belgian Department. You work closely with 2 colleague accountants on a daily basis. You regularly coordinate with them about the deadlines they have to meet. You also have regular contact with internal audit and other external parties (such as our auditor).
DescriptionAdministration and accounting
- Entering and following up unpaid invoices, answering questions on invoices, solving problems related to the invoices, preparing and executing payments
- Ensuring accounting processing: entering various invoices and various other entries (wages, expenses, depreciation, etc.), monitoring banks, reviewing accounts, assisting with monthly/annual specific centralizations and closing operations, etc.
- Assisting with monthly reporting, preparation of VAT and tax returns.
- A small part of your work will also involve following up on general affairs.
- Ensuring proper preparation of the financial year-end closing
- Auditor activities: i.e. preparing files for the auditor and assisting with the interim and statutory year-
- Submission of (ad hoc) accounting reports for internal or external reporting, actively contributing to the continuous optimization of these reports.
- Assisting in monitoring the budget and providing the necessary reports in this context.
- Bachelor level
- Fist experience as accountant
- You recognize problems or issues, see connections and look for additional relevant information.
- You use clear and fluent spoken and written language (French + English)
- You deliver correct work with an eye for detail.