Our client is a global law firm that provides a comprehensive worldwide service to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments. They're looking for a personal assistant who will assist a partner and a team of lawyers (diary and email management, meetings, travel arrangements, invoices, events, ..). The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, excellent command of the MS office, Dutch and English, and a great sense of organisation and priorities. They offer a permanent contract with benefits, and a stimulating job within an international environment.
- Acting as a personal assistant to a partner and/or a number of lawyers, including diary management, handling of correspondence both interally and externally, preparing presentations, answering phone calls and taking messages.
- Apply excellent diary management skills to deal with, often complex, travel arrangements. Much of this work will include international travel and hotel booking, making client meeting arrangements and invoicing travel expenses.
- Organising, co-ordinating and arranging meetings for clients and lawyers by sending out meeting requests, liaising with parties involved and coping with ad hoc client and networking events such as breakfast/lunch meetings; conferences etc.
- Administration of all files (paper and electronic). Ensuring that all internal and external correspondence, original documents and notes are filed.
- Extensive email management, including filing all client or department related emails as appropriate and dealing with queries in lawyers’ absence, including corresponding with clients, other lawyers and agencies.
- Billing: assist in production of invoices, this includes various tasks; collating information, checking drafts, liasing with partner, associates and billing team to ensure the invoices are despatched correctly and on time, using 3E and Intapp systems
- Other tasks: Providing ad hoc assistance to visiting partners/senior associates when required; updating client contacts, client lists and other mailing lists using internal global systems; occasional exterior missions (to agencies, clients, …).
- The above list of key tasks is indicative and non-exhaustive, and an assistant may have more or less tasks to handle at any given time.
- Ideally 5 years of experience, preferably in a similar function
- IT literate: MS Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Languages: perfect command of English. Any other EU language is an asset.
- Formal secretarial qualification (and experience) is an asset
- Team player, able to build good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability and drive to show initiative, and not merely take instructions
- Must always have a mature attitude and be able to adhere to confidentiality practices, as you will deal at times with sensitive and confidential information
- Self-learner, reliable, flexible, job conscious and helpful
- Good communication skills, ability to deal with people at all levels
- Positive, pro-active, professional attitude, able to remain calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good presentation skills and self-confident
- Sense of humour
- Located in the centre of Brussels, our client offers you a permanent contract in a dynamic, multicultural working environment.
- An attractive salary package.
- In addition, you will be offered a wide range of other benefits:
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities
- The chance to further develop yourself and be part of a great team at a Top Employer in Belgium.