Group business controller
Our client, active in the Real Estate sector is looking for a Group Business Controller. The company is looking for a profile with a first experience in controlling or auditing, with a good command of English and French. The Business Controller position requires excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills. They are the main contact for project managers regarding commercial and financial aspects of real estate projects under development. You will strengthen the existing Group Finance team.
- Analyze the basis of the established budget; identify the original work scope and observe any potential variance from the estimate throughout project life-cycle; discuss your findings with project teams and other stakeholders
- Review and analyze committed, expended, and forecasted costs against approved budget and approved changes;
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting; ensure variances, incurred, committed, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team
- Perform reconciliations of costs and sales with accounting
- Actively contribute ideas on improvement to the control system with the project managers
- Ad hoc tasks, such as assisting corporate finance in drafting the cash planning and business plan
- Continuously work on improving the processes and help building better reporting & integration with other tools using your analytical and digital skills.
- You will report to the Head of FP&A and operate in a young and dynamic team.
- You have a minimum of 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience (Controlling, Audit, …),
- You are fluent in French and English. Dutch is a plus.
- You are a team player that is also self-driven and goal oriented.
- You are flexible, work well under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- You have superior analytical skills.
- You are self-confident and can challenge and discuss project assumptions with all levels of the Project Controls and Project Management organisation.
- You have a proficient knowledge of Excel and Power BI.
- Real estate construction/development experience is considered as a plus