Internal Audit Senior Officer
Our client is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor Officer for the team in Brussels. The Belgian Internal Audit team works in close cooperation with the Group Internal Audit team, under the supervision of the Group Chief Internal Audit Officer. Together, we all contribute to the execution of the Internal Audit plan and aim to cover all the activities of the Group. The Internal Audit Senior Officer is functionally established in the Internal Audit Function (IAF) at Belgian level and will perform, coordinate and/or oversee risk targeted internal audit missions, across the various entities of the Group. As the Internal Audit Senior Officer, you will interact with Board Members, Audit Committees, Senior Executives, Line Managers and Officers across multiple businesses and operations and report to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Evaluating and monitoring business processes, controls and governance practices.
- Contributing to the monitoring of the Audit universe (regulatory changes, emerging risks and incidents) and priority / risk level scoring.
- Managing and performing end-to-end audit review missions.
- Developing and evaluating risk-based audit planning procedures and programmes.
- Assisting or leading in the execution of functional, operational and governance process audits to review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment, compliance with Group’s policies and procedures, operating, financial, business and best practices, relevant and related rules, regulations and legislation and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Preparing accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, test results and conclusions reached. When applicable, reviewing and assessing the work of audit staff.
- Developing preliminary findings and practical solutions or recommendations to improve the Group’s internal control environment.
- Discussing the audit findings proactively and constructively with the relevant business stakeholders
- Writing audit reports which convey the audit findings in a structured and clear manner, including appropriate recommendations / corrective actions to be actioned.
- Working with other departments to address issues or gaps identified and follow-up with management to ensure remediation is implemented on a timely basis.
- Proactive tracking and monitoring appropriate follow-up actions.
- Maintaining an awareness of audit trends and “best practices and new developments”.
- Working on projects to improve the internal audit department efficiency.
- Other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Group Head – & Head of Internal Audit.
- A relevant Degree (or equivalent experience) in Financial Services, Business Administration, Audit, Finance, or Accounting.
- Between 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Internal Audit.
- Considerable, demonstrable experience in managing / steering, risk managing, monitoring or auditing in the Financial services sector. Prior experience in Banking is a plus.
- CIA, CFA,… certification or willingness to get certification desirable but no strict requirement.
- Strong understanding or interest in corporate governance and the regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of IA standards and internal audit best practices.
- Exposure to financial services, banking products, operational banking processes, is a requirement.
- Professional proficiency in English and Dutch (written/oral) is a must, proficiency in French or other languages is an advantage.
- Able to work well autonomously as well as with a variety of personalities and all staff irrespective of their status in the organisation, feel comfortable in a fast moving multi-cultural and cross-border environment and able to balance multiple work priorities.
- Possess sound judgement, business risk awareness, and inquisitive personality; ability to think critically and critic event and outcome professionally.
- Be a well-organized self-starter with clear leadership, outspoken problem-solving and convincing skills.