Business Development Officer
Our client is a renowned belgian law firm located in the heart of Brussels. They're currently looking for their new Business Development Officer. The new colleague will support the Marketing and Business Development (MBD) team in a broad range of business development projects and activities designed to strengthen and grow the firm’s visibility and portfolio on the Belgian and international markets. The profile they're seeking must have experience/knowledge of the BD field, preferably in the legal field, and must be Dutch-speaking. S/he will be offered a permanent contract, an attractive package including diverse extra-legal benefits and 26 days of leave.
DescriptionAs a Business Development Officer, you are responsible for increasing the firm's brand awareness to bring in new customers. More specifically:
- You design, implement and follow-up business development plans with a focus on revenue generation and profitable growth for the different practice groups (PG) under your responsibility, in close collaboration with the MBD team and the heads of the different PGs ;
- You support the MBD team and lawyers from all PGs with the drafting of pitch decks and presentation documents. You help tracking results and obtaining feedback ;
- You work with the MBD team on the further development, organisation and structuring of the knowledge management system centralising the firm’s credentials and clients’ references ;
- You participate in the legal directories research process for rankings and awards by following up on deadlines, providing support in the drafting of submissions and updating the rankings and awards track records for your PGs ;
- You are proactive in using the CRM platform to increase and manage BD interactions with prospects and clients ;
- You share and promote the different PG’s expertise internally to encourage and support cross-selling opportunities ;
- You support the MBD team in expanding the knowledge of the firm’s client portfolio to develop and monitor client relationships and identify new client development opportunities ;
- You conduct market research into clients, prospects, industry sectors, competitors and sector trends to support and improve the completion of pitches, legal directories submissions, awards, client/target reports, the organisation of clients/target meetings and support the practices in their networking efforts ;
- You conduct clients’ needs analysis to identify new business opportunities, expansions on the market and evolving business requirements.
- A degree in Marketing, Economy, Business Management or other related fields ;
- Outstanding language skills: you have an outstanding level of Dutch with a very good knowledge of English and French ;
- Excellent command of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with InterAction/CRM system is an asset ;
- A great interest in working at a law firm. Experience of 2 to 3 years in a similar role or in a law firm is a plus.
- A gross salary based on your experience ;
- Extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers of €8 per day worked, insurances, reimbursement of public transportation, a laptop, a smartphone and phone subscription ;
- Two days of home working/week and an office easily accessible by public transport (next to Brussels Central Station) ;
- 6 extra holidays thanks to the 39-hour work week ;
- The opportunity to learn and take on challenges in an enthusiastic team of 7 marketing and business development professionals ;
- A working environment where diversity, inclusion, work-life balance and innovative thinking are highly valued.