Legal Expert / Claims Handler Professional liability
Our client, active in the insurance sector and located in the heart of Brussels, is looking for a lawyer specialized in professional liability. The ideal candidate will have experience as a lawyer or attorney in the insurance sector. Expertise in liability is a big plus. Since our client is a human-sized company, you must be fluent in Dutch and French. The atmosphere is friendly and pleasant. Our client offers you the opportunity to work on complex files and develop in the daily management of legal files. If you are interested, do not hesitate to send us your application.
- You will manage claims files in BA Professional Liability (primarily), BA Commercialization and BA Directors from A to Z and determine their direction ;
- You examine the files and study the liability issues ;
- You will communicate the assumption of liability and justify your decision with respect to each party involved (our insureds, the other party and/or their lawyer) ;
- In case of litigation, you are in charge of the contact with our lawyers, as well as the follow-up of the files ;
- You ensure the evaluation of reserves and the settlement of claims;
- You will handle files in both Dutch and French ;
- You will provide legal assistance to the Secretary General (legal research, editorial contributions, etc.).
- You hold a license or master's degree in law ;
- You have a very good knowledge of insurance law and have at least three years of experience at the bar or in an insurance company ;
- You have very good Dutch. Your Dutch must be impeccable in writing. You handle files and are not afraid to make public presentations in both languages;
- You have the diplomacy to negotiate in a calm atmosphere;
- You have an analytical mind and your work is always meticulous, results-oriented and organized ;
- You are a team player while working independently and proactively.
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration ;
- A salary in line with your professional experience ;
- Excellent group and hospitalization insurances ;
- Meal vouchers ;
- A varied and intellectually interesting job in a pleasant atmosphere within a small but close-knit team ;
- A stable working environment ;
- A favorable "work life balance" thanks to teleworking at the rate of 2 days/week and your 33 days of leave;
- A job in Brussels near the railway stations.