Teamleader Claims Property
For this position, you will have obtained a higher degree and have experience of team management in Corporate Non-Life Insurance. Our client is a leading insurer offering quality services to companies with the most complex and demanding risks in the fields of property, liability, transport and reinsurance.
- Be responsible for the technical performance of his/her team, ensuring that service standards and claims authority levels are met, following up to discuss performance and agree improvements where necessary;
- Ensure that strengths and development needs within the team are discussed and that appropriate support is provided to ensure that everyone achieves their potential;
- You work in conjunction with other team leaders to inspire, motivate and engage talented people to ensure retention and succession;
- You are responsible for managing and monitoring the claims management process, implementing standardized procedures to ensure a consistent approach to claims handling;
- Ensure that all claims are processed, where appropriate, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Ensure that regulatory reporting requirements are met, for both internal and external purposes;
- Chair and lead team meetings, ensuring that claims staff are informed of relevant issues and have the opportunity to discuss them;
- Monitor and ensure that staff are aware of claims management procedures, and work collaboratively with them;
- Regularly review the claims performance of the managed portfolio, ensuring that claims undertaken are adequately documented;
- Meet, where appropriate, with brokers and service providers to discuss existing claims or contract developments, whether agreed or not;
- Be prepared to adjust specific complex claims in accordance with agreed authority limits and in line with current claims procedures and service standards;
- Ensure that an effective process is in place to ensure that all opportunities for recovery or subrogation have been investigated, evaluated and pursued throughout the life of the claim;
- Ensure that all suspicious claims are thoroughly investigated and reported to the anti-fraud unit in accordance with the anti-fraud policy.
- You have a university degree and proven experience in team management in the Corporate Non-Life Insurance sector;
- You have an excellent knowledge of French or Dutch and a very good level in the other language (in order to be able to manage a bilingual team);
- You have a passion for people management, you enjoy leading a team to its full potential;
- You are assertive enough to ensure that the Group's strategy is followed and objectives achieved.