Our client, a highly reputable company active in the construction sector, is looking for a Legal Counsel to join its legal team. Our client offers you a real professional challenge in a dynamic and innovative company. The ideal candidate will have experience in real estate and contract law, and good language skills (FR/EN/DU). You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and benefit from an attractive salary package. If you are interested, please send us your application.
DescriptionAs Legal Counsel, you will be in charge of a wide variety of contractual matters for the projects in respect of which you are appointed. You are responsible from business opportunities to tender stage, contract negotiation and project execution until the closure of the projects. Such may include:
- Preparing the necessary MoU's, Prebid JV/consortium agreements, and any other required contractual documentation.
- Reviewing and amending (main) contracts and other agreements (including "overheidsopdrachten / marchés publics" and PPP's), standard contracts, general terms and conditions with a view to reach fair and balanced contract conditions.
- Participating to the project negotiation process.
- Upon award of the project, preparing, negotiating and finalising the project JV/consortium agreement for the project with the assistance, as the case may be, of a Corporate Legal Counsel.
- During the start-up stage, preparing and giving contract briefing to ease professional management of the main contract as well as subcontract(s).
- During the project execution:
Ensuring and/or overseeing the follow-up of contract-related correspondence either in person or, as the case may be, with a contract manager / administrator,
Identifying jointly with the Project Manager the claim, (pre-)dispute strategy both in relation to the client and/or the subcontractors or other,
Drafting the required documentation, history, narrative, particulars, …
- Providing legal and contractual advice related to the Group's activities essentially at national level.
- Securing proper management of disputes with external lawyers.
- Training on contractual matters and creating aligned knowledge and approach.
- Reporting all contractual matters and disputes according to their rules.
- You have a Belgian master's in law degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a lawyer or as an in-house legal counsel in the construction / real estate industry. Having experience in dealing with FIDIC agreements is an asset.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch (excellent writing and oral skills) with preferably a good knowledge of English, in writing and orally.
- You have strong analytical skills and adopt a pragmatic business approach.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a demanding environment.
- You are capable and willing to defend the Group's contractual interest and advocate them accordingly internally and externally.
- At last but not least, you like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge whilst being able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market, flexible mobility advantages, teleworking, health & group insurance, meal vouchers, ….
- A career enhancement programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects both on local as an international environment
- Remain locally anchored for the coming years or dare for an international career opportunity within the group