Head of Compliance
Our client is looking for a Head of Compliance to join a challenging position in a pleasant working environment that leaves room for a balance between private and professional life. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' experience in a compliance function in the insurance sector, as well as certification. The role will enable him/her to work with various regulations such as IDD, GDPR , Solvency II, MIFID. If your profile fits or if you would like more information, please send us your CV!
DescriptionOrganization of the Compliance Function
- Elaboration and improvement of the governance structure regarding the compliance function in collaboration with other control functions ;
- Ensure the independence of the compliance function within the organization ;
- Ensure the compliance function has enough resources to perform its tasks adequately ;
- Enable compliance with GDPR and foster a data protection culture within the organization ;
- Follow-up of essential elements of the GDPR, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches ;
- Support the data incident response and data breach notification procedures ;
- Act as contact point and co-operate with the Data Protection Authorities and to data subjects when exercising their individual data rights.
- Identify, assess and steer the compliance and reputational risks of the company including the domain of GDPR (Compliance Risk Assessment).
- Establish the necessary reporting required by the law towards the organizational bodies of the company (Audit & Risk Committee, Board of Directors…) ;
- Follow-up of the incidents related to the compliance function (fraud, GDPR…) and the data protection function ;
- Regular transmission of information regarding the compliance function and the data protection function to the Executive Committee ;
- Regular transmission of information regarding the compliance function and the data protection function to the Audit & Risk Committee, the Board of Directors and the regulatory authorities ;
- Establishment and follow-up of the recommendations of the compliance function and the data protection function within the company.
- Establishment of the necessary training and adequate communication related to the compliance and data protection topics ;
- Contact point for the employees of the company regarding the treatment of compliance problematics, including the “whistle-blowing” process ;
- Contact point for the group and for regulatory authorities regarding compliance topics.
- On request of the Executive Committee or the Board of Directors, participate to strategic projects of the company (e.g. review of products, significant legislative change…).
- Master degree in Law or other university degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a compliance-related function. Certified Compliance Officer and Data Protection Officer.
- You are compliant with the “Fit” requirements applicable to a holder of a key control function and have at least experience in the following key areas:
- You are compliant with the “Proper” requirements applicable to a holder of a key control function, for example (non-exhaustive list):
- You have analytical skills and a high level of independence and critical spirit
- You have a pragmatic mindset and a solution oriented approach
- You can present easily your opinion both by writing and orally in front of different types of audience.
- You are flexible in your personal organization and capable to change priorities quickly and identify the highest priorities