Our international client, active in the pharmaceutical sector, is actively looking for a highly organised and detail-oriented individual to join its team as an Office Manager. As a small not-for-profit association representing pharmaceutical excipients, they rely on the efficient management of our office operations to ensure the smooth functioning of our daily activities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organisational skills, a strong commitment to confidentiality, and the ability to manage different tasks effectively.
- Office Operations Management:
Coordinate office activities, including managing schedules and meetings.
Develop and implement efficient office systems and procedures to optimise workflow and enhance productivity.
Organise and take minutes at Team meetings.
Coordinate with IT support on all office equipment.
- Human Resources
Maintain employee files by handling changes in employee status in timely manner and ensure the protection of employee information, data and files.
Support management with HR matters including holidays, salaries.
Prepare paperwork needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll.
Maintain the internal policies relating to work regulations and procedures.
- Administrative Support:
Provide administrative support to the association's staff and management team.
Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, letters, and phone calls, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Maintain and update the association's databases, records, and filing systems.
Provide general support to visitors.
- Financial Administration:
Collaborate with the accountant to ensure accurate and timely processing of payments and financial documentation.
Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Event Assistance:
Assist the communication manager with the event logistics, such as registration, invoicing, venue bookings, travel organisation, and catering arrangements.
- Membership Support:
Respond to member inquiries and provide assistance in a professional and timely manner.
Support membership recruitment and retention efforts.
- Other administrative duties as the organisation’s activities require.
- Bachelor’s degree in secretariat or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant/Office Manager or in a similar administrative role.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to take initiative and anticipate needs.
- Proficient in using office software and technology, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management systems.
- Be willing and able to learn to work with new software applications (such as virtual event platform).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and with different level of seniority.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing priorities.
- Experience with a Belgian trade association/not-for-profit organisation an asset.
- Willing to work in a small dynamic organisation.