We are looking for legal advisor in the insurance sector who will play a crucial role in providing support and legal advice . The job of a legal advisor is to analyze and answer legal questions and provide guidance on laws and regulations.
- Analyze various legal issues in the context of the life insurance company's activities and its strategic development. These questions relate to the interpretation or application of the various legislations that the company must comply with (insurance law, as well as doctrine and case law on the subject, circulars from the supervisory authorities, economic law, GDPR, distribution, taxation, competition law, etc.);
- You will also be responsible for answering ad hoc legal questions from the company's management and operational departments and, if necessary, liaising with specialized law firms;
- Drafting or editing contracts (subcontracting, distribution, commercial partnerships);
- Collaborate in the development of (new) life insurance products (drafting/validating contractual documents/advertising materials);
- Participate in meetings (Assuralia, commercial partners);
- Provide support in the management of complaints and disputes.
- You have a Master's degree in Law in Belgium and already minimum 3 years of experience as a lawyer in a reputable firm or as a corporate lawyer in the financial sector;
- Expertise in insurance law is a big plus, affinity with the life insurance sector is a minimum requirement;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch, French and English - both spoken and written;
- You are curious and interested in acquiring knowledge on all matters related to the activity of an insurance company and its strategy;
- You are structured, analytical and able to make incisive syntheses;
- You have a sense of discretion and very good oral and written skills;
- You are solution-oriented, pragmatic, take initiative and can quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
OfferOur client operates in the insurance sector.
We offer you an open-ended contract along with several legal benefits.
As a consultant, you will perform multiple assignments with our clients in a professional working atmosphere where initiative is appreciated
Hi, I'm Lisa Van Meerbeeck,
Is this job a good fit?