Our client, a licensed underwriter specializing in underwriting risks in areas including transport insurance, special risks, bicycle insurance, film & event insurance, travel insurance, professional sports and other specialty insurance, is looking for a Claims Handler. Are you looking for a new challenging role, with an international player, with a focus on transport insurance and special risks? Then read on quickly!
- Creation and correct entry of new claim files based on data received from insured, broker and surveyor
- Proactive follow-up of open claim files in close cooperation
- Correctly estimating and reserving claims on the basis of received data in consultation with fellow claims managers
- Continuous updating of the loss reserves in function of the evolution of the claim
- Verification of the statements made by the insurance brokers based on the documents of the claim file;
- Production of financial entries
- Full management of smaller claims (such as bicycle claims)
- Communication on the files directly with the brokers; quality responses to written or telephone inquiries
- You are holding a Bachelor degree in Business Management (preferably insurance/logistics) or equivalent through experience
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English, French/German is a plus
- Experience in claims management or insurance in general is a big plus, especially in transport insurance/marine and special risks (e.g. bicycle claims)
- Good knowledge of Office 365, a strong affinity with Excel
- Your skills: team player, working independently, motivated, accurate, eager to learn, stress resistant
- Employment in Antwerp + home office (2 days per week)
- Nice salary supplemented with e.g. meal vouchers, extra legal interventions, flexible working hours (home office)...
- Interesting growth potential and career planning
Hi, I'm Britt Vermeiren,
Is this job a good fit?