Juriste Senior - Regulatory
Our client offers a permanent contract, in a cooperative climate, in an innovative, dynamic and value-driven work environment, an attractive salary, a continuous training program as well as numerous fringe benefits.
- Constantly monitor the evolution of Luxembourg and European Union legislation and regulations and analyze their impact on our insurance activities;
- Inform internal departments of essential changes in legislation and regulations that impact them;
- Ensure the implementation of new legislation and regulations in order to contribute to the compliance of our companies by drafting notes and procedures, legal analyses, etc;
- Participate in the development and updating of pre-contractual and contractual documentation for insurance products, commercial and legal documents for clients, partners and external service providers;
- Assist the various departments of the company in their relations with partners and clients and answer their legal questions;
- Verify, draft and assist in the negotiation of all types of contracts binding the company;
- Support the company in its transformation process to increase sustainable responsibility, including the implementation of ESG-related regulations;
- Manage potential customer complaints.
Your profileDesired profile for this position:
- University degree in law at Master 2 level, ideally in the field of business law or financial law ;
- Approximately 5-8 years of experience in a legal department of a company and/or a law firm active in Luxembourg (or in another EU Member State), in the insurance (and/or banking) sector;
- Knowledge of financial and insurance legislation and regulations (Solvency 2 / IDD / Value for Money / PRIIPs / SFDR / Taxonomy / MiFID 2-MiFIR / EMIR / AML / DORA / eIDAS / consumer protection / EIOPA's guidelines and statements) Knowledge (at least basic) of the regulations applicable to investment funds;
- Knowledge of Luxembourg legislation and regulations applicable to life insurance (in particular, relating to unit-linked contracts). A general knowledge of the tax legislation applicable to insurance is also appreciated;
- Knowledge of the concepts of freedom to provide services and freedom of establishment established by European legislation;
- Experience in managing relations with supervisory authorities;
- Fluency in English, French is an important asset, as is fluency in any other language;
- Willingness to participate in conferences and training activities, as well as ACA working groups;
- Excellent analytical, synthesis and writing skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Identification and management of priorities to meet deadlines.
Hi, I'm Tamara Brockly,
senior career advisor,
Is this job a good fit?